Log Drains let you route Logs to logging destinations for reviewing, searching, and alerting. Log Drains support capturing logs for Apps, Databases, SSH sessions, and Endpoints.
Types of Log Drains
Creating Log Drains
A Log Drain can be created in three ways on Aptible:
- Within the Aptible Dashboard by navigating to an Environment > selecting the "Log Drains" tab > selecting "Create Log Drain"
- Using the respective
aptible:log_drain:createcommand, such as:
- Using the Aptible Terraform Provider
Guides & Examples:
- Follow a Log Drain setup guide
- Read more about the different Log Drain types: Self-Hosted Elasticsearch Log Drains, HTTPS Log Drains, or Syslog Log Drains
- Once you have configured Log Drains for your Environments, it is recommended to also configure Log Archiving to S3 as a secondary method for retaining logs.