How do I get ready for Aptible HIPAA training?
If your Aptible plan includes HIPAA training, this checklist will help you prepare to get the most out of it.
Aptible Pre-Training Checklist
- Create an Aptible account for your organization. Billing, user accounts, and permissions are all managed through your organization.
- Create at least one PHI-ready environment.
- Decide who within your organization will serve as your HIPAA Security Officer. This individual will be responsible for overseeing HIPAA compliance.
- Decide who within your organization will serve as the approving authority for your policies and risk assessments. This should be a member of the management team, and should not be the same individual as the Security Officer.
Decide who within your organization should receive each type of certification:
Certification Required Courses Recommended Trainees Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security Certification Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security (~30m, online) Anyone in your organization who may potentially handle or come in contact with PHI. Advanced HIPAA Privacy and Security Certification - Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Advanced HIPAA Privacy and Security (90m, webinar)
Anyone writing code or using Aptible. All developers, backend users. HIPAA Security Officer Certification - Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Advanced HIPAA Privacy and Security
- HIPAA Security Officer (2.5 hours, webinar)
Your HIPAA Security Officer. Optionally: a backup Security Officer; senior management.
In the Aptible dashboard, create roles for your workforce. You may want to add a “Training Only” role with no permissions for users who should only receive the Basic HIPAA Certification. Any user with read or write permissions will be flagged as requiring the Advanced certification.
Invite your users to the roles you created.
Under your organizational settings, designate your Security Officer.
Once your workforce has completed training, we will conduct a post-training review to answer any remaining questions.