How do I get ready for Aptible HIPAA training?
If your Aptible plan includes HIPAA training, this checklist will help you prepare to get the most out of it.
Aptible Pre-Training Checklist
- Create an Aptible account for your organization. Billing, user accounts, and permissions are all managed through your organization.
- Decide who within your organization will serve as your HIPAA Security Officer. This individual will be responsible for overseeing HIPAA compliance.
- Decide who within your organization will serve as the approving authority for your policies and risk assessments. This should be a member of the management team, and should not be the same individual as the Security Officer.
Decide who within your organization should receive each type of certification:
Certification Required Courses Recommended Trainees Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security Certification Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security (~30m, online) Anyone in your organization who may potentially handle or come in contact with PHI. Advanced HIPAA Privacy and Security Certification - Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Advanced HIPAA Privacy and Security (90m, webinar)
Anyone writing code or using Aptible. All developers, backend users. HIPAA Security Officer Certification - Basic HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Advanced HIPAA Privacy and Security
- HIPAA Security Officer (2.5 hours, webinar)
Your HIPAA Security Officer. Optionally: a backup Security Officer; senior management.
Begin inviting designated members of your team to your Aptible Gridiron Account. At the top of your Aptible Dashboard, click “(Organization name) Settings”. Invite New Members and set their roles within your organization.
Once you have invited your team members, begin filling out the Organization, Location, and Workforce tabs of your Security Program Configuration. You will be taken through the remainder of this configuration during your Security Officer Training.
Once your workforce has completed training, we will conduct a post-training review to answer any remaining questions.